I'm not very good at using hair styling irons. And when I say "not very good" I actually mean I'm really really bad at it, but since I love the idea of having nicely done hair every day (as in without having to go to the hairdresser's) I give them a try every once in a while. They usually end up in a drawer somewhere, because I either can't figure out how to use them properly or they just take waaay too long for my liking. But not this time, you guys, not this time.
When I received the Diamond Hair Styler by Irresistible Me I was determined to make it work. And I did! It's actually really easy to use it as a hair straightener, so I won't go into that. What I really wanted to try is using it for those natural-looking loose curls I could never really achieve at home. No matter how hard I try, I usually end up with dolly ringlets (like in this post)... so it was definitely a challenge.
So, after watching a YouTube tutorial or three I handed the baby to my husband and told him that I would need an hour to do my hair (I'll leave it to your imagination to picture how that went). Imagine my surprise when I was done curling a full head of waist-length hair in about 20 minutes! I'm not saying I achieved perfection, but I've done runway shows where my hair was done way worse and, as I said, I'm a total beginner so cut me some slack.
|Before and after using the Irresistible Me Diamond Hair Styler|
So here's what I love about the Diamond Hair Styler:
1. The inner surface is really smooth, so it was very easy for my hair to just slide through it. In case you don't know, that's really important when curling your hair with a flat iron, because it can easily get tangled and stuck otherwise.
2. It heats up really fast. Like, super fast. Don't have to wait, love it.
3. On the outside there's a heat display that shows exactly how hot the iron is so you can regulate the heat according to your hair type. Mine is very fine, so I choose the lowest heat setting.
4. Its ceramic plates are coated in crushed diamond particles mixed with tourmaline that help protect the hair leaving it shiny and healthy. This is especially important if you have fine hair like me
* Disclaimer: I received this product from Irresistible Me for free, but all opinions are my own.*
* Sponsored content *
Artidel is an online marketplace where people from all over the world can buy and sell handmade personalized goods and craft supplies that they wouldn't find anywhere else. It is also a great place to shop for indigenous goods - if you are looking for something unique and made with love, go take a look and support artisans and indigenous communities worldwide. At Artidel you can find everything from apparel to jewelry to home decor - a truly fascinating store to discover! Fb